POLICY OF DISAPPEARANCE
exibition co-curated by postNoviki & Romuald Demidenko
visual identity and website by postNoviki
*POLICY OF DISAPPEARANCE is an exhibition and series of texts bringing up the issue of our existence online. The traces we leave there on a daily basis have become for the late-capitalist information economy what coal was for the industrial age – its essential raw material. On its basis, the increasingly efficient sets of algorithms decide which snippet of the universe we should see and what to desire. Their efficiency is to a large extent a consequence of our own activity. The artists and researchers present at the exhibition attempt to escape this logic in various ways: they test the man/machine boundaries, intercept the activity of algorithms, look for new forms of corporality or establish an alternative network of information flow.
- Wrocław, 9 February–24 March 2018
- Co-curated by Post-Noviki & Romuald Demidenko, moderated by Katarzyna Roj. Research and texts by Magda Roszkowska. Supervised by Joanna Stembalska.Produced by Klementyna Sęga, Michał Perucki and Tomasz Koczoń. Image supervision by Joanna Kobyłt. Administrative and accounting support by Magdalena Sierżęga-Dybek, Monika Wyspiańska and Maryla Wałuszko. Co-financed by the Institute of Italian Culture.
- Venue: BWA Studio Wrocław
- Artists: Pedro Barateiro, Sabrina Chou, Zuza Golińska, Lidia Grabe, Tomasz Hartman (Food Think Tank), Cyanne van den Houten, Piotr Kopik, Silvio Lorusso & Sebastian Schmieg, Manu Luksch, The One Minutes, Wojciech Stopiński, Amy Suo Wu.
- visual identity and website by postNoviki